COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols
The health and safety of our students and staff, and everyone in the Organickids Academy family is our top priority. That’s why a key part of our overall COVID-19 response has been implementing standard safety essentials so we can prevent the spread of potential infection throughout our Facility.
Please be assured that we are continuing to monitor this health issue closely and
have preventative measures in place to keep our children and teachers safe.
These measures include:
· Continuing to implement our hand washing procedures more frequently
throughout the day using soap and water and scrubbing vigorously for at least 20
seconds (ABC song).
· Reminding staff and children to avoid touching, mouth, eyes and nose.
· Strictly enforcing our illness policy for both staff and students.
· Separating sick students and teachers from others until they can go home.
· Strictly implementing our three-step cleaning process (wash, rinse, disinfect) for
surfaces and toys.
· Sanitizing and removing mouthed toys immediately.
· Frequent laundering of soft items such as bedding, boppy pillows, dress up
items, puppets, etc.
We ask that currently enrolled families please review and adhere to the Organickids Academy’s
Sick Child Policy as stated in the Parent Essentials Handbook.
It’s up to all of us to help keep our school community safe and healthy. Please remember to follow these important “Core Four” actions to prevent COVID-19 transmission:
Stay home if sick: Monitor your and your child’s health and stay home if you are sick or keep them home if they are sick, except for getting essential medical care (including COVID-19 testing) and other essential needs.
Physical distancing: Stay at least 6 feet away from people who are not members of your household.
Wear a face covering: Protect those around you. Wearing a face covering helps reduce the spread of COVID-19, especially if you are sick and don’t have symptoms. For more information about face coverings, visit nyc.gov/health/coronavirus and look for “FAQ About Face Coverings.”
Practice healthy hand hygiene: Wash your hands often with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available; clean frequently touched surfaces regularly; avoid touching your face with unwashed hands; and cover your cough or sneeze with your arm, not your hands.